Being A fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, nothing has made me more joyous (other than the Cardinals hot start) than seeing the complete downfall of one Albert Pujols. A career .327 hitter is batting just .217 with 0 homers and 4 RBI in his first 92 at bats (23 games) as a member of the Los Angeles Angels. Hey Angles,you where expecting these numbers, right? Oh, but not until
the final year of his contract. But Albert insists that the home runs will come."I don't think about that, man," Pujols said. "It could be tomorrow, maybe the next day, a month from now, I don't know. My job is to get myself ready to play and take my swing. ... Home runs, when they come, they come in bunches."
Yeah, I'm sure you're not thinking about that.
The media and Los Angeles fans claim that he is in an adjustment period and that Pujols isn't used to facing American League pitching and doesn't know the pitchers' tendencies. Complete garbage. Or maybe I am wrong in assuming that Pujols has access to video of these pitchers. Or maybe the Angels have the worst scouting department in baseball. YOU'RE 23 GAMES IN. Here is a hint Albert: They're going to throw hard and inside cause they know you can't turn on it like you used to. Also, I don't hear anything about Prince Fielder struggling, and after St. Louis traded Colby Rasmus to the American League last season he had 3 HR in 140 at bats. To your credit Albert, you've never used this excuse.
In a hitters pregame meeting Monday you stood up in front of your teammates and vowed to put end to your slump. How do I know this? Because your hitting coach told the media. Which, in turn, pissed you off. HE WAS COMPLEMENTING YOU and your leadership. But yeah, you're not stressing. For God's sake, your replacement's replacement Matt Carpenter is batting .267 with 1 HR and 14 RBI. The Cardinals are 3 games up while you and your Angels are 9 games back. I couldn't have dreamed of a better start to the 2012 baseball season.
St. Louis is where you made a home and where you should have stayed. You had a chance to be a Cardinal legend, to be right there with Stan "The Man" Musial, Lou Brock and Ozzie Smith. You will never be uttered in the same breath as those players. You say you felt disrespected when the Cardinals' initial offer was only 5 years for 130 million . Are you kidding me? All of the St. Louis fans felt disrespected when you spit in our faces and jumped ship to go the Angels. Enjoy chasing the Rangers all year. I know if you could you would come crawling back to the Cardinals, but they (hopefully) would slam the door in your face. When you come back to St. Louis as a member of the Angels don't expect a single clap from me. Also IF you get in the Hall of Fame DON'T EVEN THINK of doing it as a member of the Cardinals.
Chone Figgins who has 35 home runs in 11 seasons has 2 more than El Hombre this year
ReplyDeleteand he has double the RBI.
ReplyDeleteNice post.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy what is occurring, but I still don't think this is indicative of how his entire Angels career will go. I feel he'll hit out of it. Look at Big Papi...
Oh I agree. But its fun to revel in it now.
ReplyDelete